So its here, Puasa. I spent half the day in bed(.. goodbye insomnia) after staying up late at nite MSN’ing with friends all over the globe and relearning my photoshop skills. Why need a phone when u can video call on MSN for free.
Like tradition, Sungkai is another over eating session. Isn’t Puasa a month of control..according to Wikipedia
..’Eating, drinking and smoking are not allowed between dawn (fajr), and sunset (maghrib). During Ramadan, Muslims are also expected to put more effort into following the teachings of Islam by refraining from sexual intercourse (during fasting), violence, anger, envy, greed, lust, angry and sarcastic retorts, and gossip. People are meant to try to get along with each other better than they normally might. All obscene and irreligious sights and sounds are to be avoided. Purity of both thought and action is important. The fast is an exacting act of deep personal worship in which Muslims seek a raised level of closeness to God. The act of fasting is said to redirect the heart away from worldly activities, its purpose being to cleanse the inner soul and free it from harm….’
I went for a drive around to Bandar and back, I could see some traces of haze under the street lights.
Some facts about Brunei drivers;
- Brunei drivers are shy (..or just plain karit*) about signaling…Hint: Its free. Just flick it LEFT or RIGHT!
- Brunei Drivers have superpowers..True..Yes, How can u drive without your lights on?
- Your child is not an airbag or a cushion between u and the wheel…Hence the Child Seat enforced by law. This is Seriously DANGEROUS!!!
- Brunei Drivers are F1 Drivers in making……True..Yes? Try driving along the Muara Highway at nite.
- Brunei Drivers are skilled in driving and watching TVs… Yes installed the TV so can watch ur favorite AF for the umpteenth time..why don u!
I watched some bits of CNN today, report on the Thai activities and something about the ‘war in Iraq is the no. 1 cause of terrorism around the world’…I think I have to agree.